By combining conversion-oriented elements with helpful, SEO-optimized content on one landing page, The Brand Creatives tripled their client’s organic clicks, and doubled their conversions.
Get more tactics like this straight to your inbox: join the Fast Marketing Newsletter by CXL.
Table of contents
- The company: Content marketing agency The Brand Creatives, working for a G2-like software hub.
- The goal: Improve organic rankings, and drive demo and pricing requests.
- The tactic: Create a hybrid landing page, combining conversion-oriented elements with helpful, SEO-optimized content.
- The result: 300% increase in organic clicks, and 200% uplift in conversions.
What’s the fast marketing tactic?
The Brand Creatives team was tasked with optimizing the software hub’s category landing pages. The main intent of these pages is to help users find the right software. At the time, these landing pages were not ranking for high-intent keywords, or converting traffic.
The team tested turning the existing Project Management Software category landing page into a “hybrid landing page,” which is a combination of conversion-oriented copy and helpful content:
- At the top of the page, they featured popular software options. The goal of this section is to drive visits to the individual software pages, and, ultimately, increase requests for pricing and demos.
- Above and below it, they added helpful content such as a buyer’s guide to this type of software, with a goal to improve the page’s organic rankings.
In addition, they tidied up the page, adding a table of content, simplifying the copy, and breaking up the content into smaller sections.
What was the result?
Six months after the updated Project Management Software hybrid page went live, these were the results:
- 400% increase in keyword rankings (to more than 4K keywords).
- 300% increase in organic clicks to the landing page (to more than 3K).
- 155% increase in page views of individual project management software landing pages nestled inside the hybrid page.
- 200% uplift in conversions (demo and pricing requests) across the project management software pages.
Why does it work?
The thinking behind this tactic is that the landing page elements help to boost conversions, while the informational content increases organic rankings for high-intent keywords.
Learn more on how to increase conversion rates on any landing page with the Landing Page Optimization course.
Get more tactics like this
- Subscribe to the Fast Marketing Newsletter to get these straight to your inbox.
- Discover how you can more than double demo signups by collecting buyer input and using it to improve your landing page.
- Browse through all past fast marketing tactics.