Become great at statistics for A/B testing
Avoid costly testing mistakes stemming from misuse and misunderstanding of statistic
If you’re not fluent in A/B testing statistics, you won’t be able to tell whether your tests suck.
By Georgi Georgiev, Owner of Web Focus LLC
Course length: 3h 30min
Some of the companies that train their teams at CXL Institute:
A lot of your “winning” tests are probably not winners at all. Learn to call bullshit when needed, and be the person who advocates proper scientific approach in your team.
In 10 sessions, you’ll learn
- How to run A/B tests with a sound statistical design in a variety of scenarios – multiple test variants, multiple outcomes, non-binomial data, and others.
- How to align the statistical design with the questions at hand to get business insights while avoiding common mistakes.
- The logic behind statistical hypothesis testing and concepts like statistical significance, confidence intervals, statistical power, and others.
Get a lesson preview
Understand the complexities involved in planning and evaluating A/B tests
Avoid costly testing mistakes stemming from misuse and misunderstanding of statistics, and improve the ROI of all your A/B testing efforts, with Georgi Georgiev’s guidance.
This course is right for you if…
- You can’t define statistical significance correctly without looking it up on Google.
- Your A/B tests produce a lot of “winners,” but your clients aren’t seeing improvements.
- You’re planning and analyzing A/B tests, but you don’t understand the statistical underpinnings of the testing process.
- You’re not confident in the outcomes of your tests and are unsure how much trust to put in them
- You have an in-house statistical tool you want to improve, or you use a third-party A/B testing software you want to understand better
This course is probably not for you if…
- You are just starting with CRO and have little to no practical experience with A/B testing.
- You don’t employ A/B tests as a primary method to evaluate CRO work.
- You are a professional statistician or experimental design specialist.
Skills you should have before taking this course:
- Some experience in conversion rate optimization.
- Basic understanding of how A/B testing works.
- Some experience with an A/B testing software.
Georgi is an expert internet marketer and statistician working passionately in the areas of SEO, SEM and Web Analytics since 2004. He is the founder of Analytics-Toolkit.com and owner of an online marketing agency & consulting company: Web Focus LLC and also a Google Certified Trainer in AdWords & Analytics.
His special interest lies in data-driven approaches to testing and optimization in e-commerce and internet advertising and Georgi is also the author of three papers, multiple articles on A/B testing for conversion rate optimization, as well as the book “Statistical Methods in Online A/B Testing”.