Become great at Attribution
Attribution makes your marketing work
By Russell McAthy, CEO of Ringside Data
Course length: 1h 54min
Businesses have a lot of marketing data but are not getting enough value from it. This course will help the students understand what data they have and how to understand consumer behavior to drive value for organizations moving forward.
This course will guide the student to what data they could/should have, how they get value from the data, what attribution is, how to communicate and use attribution to get business value.
Get a lesson preview
After taking this course, you’ll…
- Identify the nuances of attribution across different marketing channels.
- Know the pros and cons of different attribution model types and how businesses use them
- Gain an understanding of all the possible data sources that are required and can be used to do attribution.
- Undertstand your customers in the context of how you run your business.
- Know which data questions to ask, whether internally or with vendors.
Here’s what Russell will teach you…
Attribution is about understanding TRUE consumer behavior
Attribution is more than just a buzzword – it needs to become the way you do business, understand performance, manage campaigns and workloads. Attribution in short is understanding consumers so that we make smarter decisions.
Attribution is a discipline. Econsultancy reported in 2018 that less than a one third of businesses are using a defined attribution business model and that 43% of companies claim “measuring ROI” as a top marketing challenge. Attribution’s challenges go beyond digital. Russell will use real world offline examples to illustrate how attribution is tied between the offline and online experience. Both B2B and B2C examples and tacts are presented in this course.
The content is insightful, actionable and doable.
I appreciate the range of topics and the talent and expertise of the presenters. I’ve grown more as a marketer in the last several months than I had in years before.
CXL Institute has helped me tremendously in my journey to become the best digital marketer I can be.
It has opened my eyes to the capabilities of tools like GTM and Google Sheets. You guys have humbled me by teaching me that there’s so much more to learn!
CXL is just the best place to grow for a marketer. I learned more in a few months via CXL than what I learned in 8, 9 months on my own.
This course is essential for you if …
- You have no attribution strategy
- are looking to make more informed business decisions
- want to align attribution to your business goals for better ROI.
This course is NOT for you if…
- all your marketing channels have clear attribution
- you do not have a robust set of consumer data
- are looking for vanity metrics
Russell is a marketing data guy – having consulted or worked with some of the worlds largest brands he now is building the future of marketing tech whilst continuing his passions to change the way data is used my organisations all over the globe. Having run in-house, agencies, consultancies and his own tech businesses Russell has experience from working with startups to global enterprises