Become great at influencer marketing
Data-driven influencer marketing
By Siim Säinas, Chief Researcher & Founder of BrandHero
Course length: 3h
Influencer marketing works – but only if you do it right
It’s not unusual to see folks reporting 11x ROI on influencer marekting – but it’s only true for data-driven people.
Siim Säinas – the instructor for this course – is looking at campaigns and their effectiveness as his day job, whether it’s integrated or social only campaigns. He’s put hundreds of hours of work and research into figuring out the optimal, data-driven way to go about influencer marketing.
He will teach you data-driven influencer marketing planning, identification, measurement, and ways to get the best return on your investment.
By the end of this course you will be able to confidently deliver meaningful results for your brand and business.
This course solves your top challenges with influencer marketing
When it comes to influencer marketing, there are a lot of questions that need to be answered:
- What do you need to known about influencer marketing to begin with? What are the ins and outs?
- How to identify true influencers?
- When should you engage them for your campaign and when it’s not really a good idea to do that to begin with?
- How do you properly plan your campaign?
- How do you drive metrics that actually convert direct response outcomes?
- How do you choose the best in terms of synergy and brand fit?
- How do you build lasting relationships? A lot of these influencers tend to be very transactional-driven, so how do you actually make sure that they stick around?
- How do you amplify their content?
- How do you measure your campaign results when everything has been done and dusted?
- And how do you really develop something always on, or something that kind of benefits UGC?
All of these questions, and much more will be answered in this course.
Introduction video (3 min)
After taking this course, you’ll:
- Understand the influencer marketing landscape and know when influencers are a good fit
- Learn how to plan well and avoid the common mistakes to maximize ROI
- Be able to identify and choose the best influencers; the ones who can truly tell unique brand stories
- Limit business risk through good compliance and amplify influencer assets to maximize reach
- Measure influencer effectiveness for brand and direct response objectives to know whom to build long term relationships with
I feel so much more confident in analysis and optimization after taking CXL’s courses.
I learn practical techniques that are applicable to any business from the best in class.
CXL Institute showed me how to go from no optimization program to a fully matured program, and how to handle all the nuances that pop up along the way.
If you want to take the next step from dabbling to becoming a real CRO practitioner, the CXL material (plus a lot of practice) will get you there.
Learn processes for getting consistent results from leaders in the field.
This course is essential for you if …
- You work in digital and social media marketing for a consumer brand or are preparing for a pitch.
- You want to maximise your return on investment with influencer marketing.
- You are a brand or agency marketer in pursuit of greater business results with influencers and creators.
This course is NOT for you if you…
- Your audience is dominantly in Mainland China, where Social media platforms are unique and require a different course altogether.
- You already conduct many influencer marketing campaigns. While this course shares some novel ideas, processes and data to seasoned influencer marketers, you might need additional lessons to fulfil your expectations.
- You expect material results from the first campaign. It takes several iterations of campaigns to gain the understanding of what works best for your brand and business.
10 years in Social with over 170 brands in more than 1,500 research and analytics projects. Worked with brands like Pepsi, Intel, H&M, VISA and Google. Work featured in New York Times. Established a method for WFA (World Federation of Advertisers) members to systematically build authentic consumer communities online. Pioneered a novel method how Social data is analysed till today by large agency networks in Omnicom and WPP. Member of ESOMAR.
Your full course curriculum
Data-driven influencer marketing
Introduction to Influencer Marketing
Learn about how influencer marketing delivers value to businesses.
- What is influencer marketing
- What has changed in marketing in the era of Social media
- When not to do influencer marketing
Getting Started > Campaign Planning
Get started with your influencer marketing brief.
- Types of influencers
- How to structure a great campaign brief
- Walkthrough case study of a campaign brief
Social Media Measurement
The basics of how you approach Social Media measurement and set yourself up for a holistic framework.
- How to approach Paid, Owned and Earned Social
- Social Media measurement for existing users
- Social Media measurement for new users
Best Influencer Marketing Campaigns
Learn from some of the best influencer campaigns in the industry and why they delivered.
- How did Daniel Wellington grow from a 30K startup to a 228M company with influencer marketing
- How Reebok established itself in a new category
- 10 learnings from good campaigns in influencer marketing
Learn to do data-driven influencer discovery and shortlisting.
- How to do data-driven influencer discovery
- How to do data-driven influencer shortlisting
- How to use an influencer discovery tool
Identifying Influencers > Synergy & Brand Fit
Learn how to add qualitative variables to your shortlist to evaluate Brand fit.
- Why influencers work with brands
- Key qualitative variables to assess Brand fit
- Learn how to avoid influencers who can jeopardise your brand
The Value Exchange
Learn how to develop long-term relationships with influencers.
- What do brands and influencers want
- The value exchange journey
- Learn to empower influencers with creative freedom
Compliance & Contracts
Learn about compliance and how to avoid risking your brand while working with influencers.
- How does compliance and non-compliance look like
- What does the FTC and ASA prescribe about influencer marketing
- Learn about the marketer's tasklist to be compliant
Amplifying Influencer Content
Learn how to achieve maximum reach and ROI from your influencer marketing efforts.
- Learn about the 2 options to achieve reach
- Learn to use the Facebook's Branded Content Tool and Ad Manager for paid amplification
- Learn about the limitations and opportunities of paid amplification
Measuring Influencer Campaigns
Learn how to measure and report on influencer marketing campaigns.
- How to measure influencer marketing campaigns
- Learn about brand and direct response metrics
- Use a short and concise way to report upon your campaign's success
Show off your new skills: Get a certificate of completion
Once the course is over, pass a test to earn a CXL certification.
Add it to your resume, your LinkedIn profile or just get that well-earned raise you’ve been waiting for.
Get this course and 50+ others when you sign up for CXL Institute
This course (and all others – full list here) are included with the CXL Institute subscription.
At CXL Institute, you can take online courses on growth, digital marketing, optimization, analytics, persuasion – all in a single subscription.
- World’s leading practitioners teaching you their best stuff.
- 50+ online courses on all things data-driven marketing
- New courses added every single month
Sign up for CXL Institute and get access to
- 50+ courses (full list here) on all aspects of data-driven marketing (new courses added every month)
- 4 Minidegrees that give you advanced level skills
Got a team, multiple users? Get our Teams All-Access plan instead.
The CXL Institute guarantee:
- 7-day no questions asked money back period
- You can immediately apply learnings and improve your results.
Some of the companies that train their teams at CXL Institute: