Become great at BigQuery
Learn to automate insightful reports with Google’s lightning-fast analytics data warehouse.
By Khrystyna Grynko, Head of Data @ Better&Stronger
Course length: 2h 09min
Some of the companies that train their teams at CXL Institute:
In a world that increasingly rewards marketers who can turn data into insight…
…learning BigQuery opens a world of possibilities for you and your team.
Pouring hours into painstaking manual reports? Trying to analyze data that lives in different places?
After taking this course, you’ll be able to automate your reports and reclaim hours of your time.
And since BigQuery makes it easy to get all your data in one place you’ll be able to deliver fascinating insights and ideal solutions that will impress your stakeholders.
Get a lesson preview
BigQuery is the ideal tool for non-technical and technical marketers alike.
We’ll start with the very basics, so don’t worry if you’ve never typed a line of SQL, the language you’ll use with BigQuery.
By the end, you’ll be able to connect and analyze huge datasets quickly. So you can produce valuable insights for your stakeholders on demand. Affordable, approachable and lightening-fast.
After taking this course, you’ll…
- Understand the possibilities and limitations of Google BigQuery — so you know the exact benefits you and your team should expect
- Define and build your data structure schema and create your BigQuery datasets, tables, views and queries
- Know the best ways to import your data into BigQuery for every situation
- Uncover unique insights from Google Analytics by analyzing your data with BigQuery
- Be able to build powerful dashboards in Google Data Studio and detailed reports in Google Sheets
Very insightful course. the classes are well explained with a lot of resources and useful examples.
Make your analysis easier, faster and more impactful
It’s tough to analyze datasets that live in different places.
BigQuery helps you organize your marketing analytics by connecting all your data sources, such as your CRM, Google Analytics and spreadsheets. Which makes it dramatically easier to perform a comprehensive analysis.
Working with huge datasets?
Short on time?
BigQuery works fast — even if you’re working with terabytes of data and millions of rows. So you can work in nearly real time, get work done quicker and keep pace with your market.
In this course, you’ll also learn how to build powerful dashboards that give you and your stakeholders valuable insights.
By the end of the course, you’ll know exactly how to use BigQuery to make your work easier, faster and more impactful.
Develop your BigQuery skills in just 6 lessons
- Get your data into BigQuery with the ideal import options for every situation
- Work with your data in BigQuery and learn basic SQL language
- Query and analyze your Google Analytics data with BigQuery
- Build automated reports and dashboards using your BigQuery data
This course starts with the very basics: how to explore BigQuery without entering your credit card.
But by the end, you’ll be ready to start your first BigQuery project — from importing data to building powerful automated reports and dashboards.
This course is essential for you if …
- You want to analyze all your data in one place.
- You’re tired of spending time manually creating your marketing reports and would like to automate them.
- You’re a marketer or an analyst who wants to empower your company to make data-driven decisions.
This course is NOT for you if…
- You don’t have time to analyze your data. This course is not for you if you won’t be able to use BigQuery to at least 50% of its possibilities.
- You already have several data consolidation and visualisation tools at your company. Try to use what you already have to its full potential before trying new tools.
- You don’t have access to a developer to automate file-sending to Google Storage and a Data Protection Officer to accept to send and store the data in Google Cloud.
Skills you should have before taking this course
This course will teach the basics of the Google Cloud Platform and Google BigQuery, and prepare you to start your first project.
You don’t need to know any SQL to take this course. If you want to go even further with BigQuery, you’ll want to expand your SQL knowledge so you can retrieve very specific data through more advanced queries.
Khrystyna is a Head of Data at Better&Stronger and Instructor at Jean Moulin University Lyon 3. She has been helping clients to better use their digital data since 2015.
Khrystyna has spoken at numerous MeasureCamp ‘unconferences’. She is a DataCamp Lyon and MeasureCamp Lyon organizer and also serves as vice president at AADF, a French-speaking Digital Analysts Association (aadf.fr).