Become great at A/B testing
Start making more money with your online experiments
A/B testing mastery course
By Ton Wesseling, Founder of Online Dialogue
Course length: 5h 10min
Some of the companies that train their teams at CXL Institute:
Learn to get more value out of your online experiments
Discover approaches that work, pitfalls you will encounter, and lots of smart solutions to common issues.
This course will teach you how to get more wins, bigger wins and more insights from your experimentation efforts.
Get a lesson preview
In just 18 lessons, you’ll learn how to
- Get more wins through a long term impact optimization process.
- Calculate where to run experiments, and with what impact.
- Make a hypothesis based on data and psychology.
- Prioritize test hypotheses and experiments.
- Design, start and stop experiments at the right time.
- Come up with proper insights from experiments run.
- Build up a knowledge library on validated user insights.
- Scale your digital experimentation efforts.
The content is insightful, actionable and doable.
I appreciate the range of topics and the talent and expertise of the presenters. I’ve grown more as a marketer in the last several months than I had in years before.
CXL is just the best place to grow for a marketer. I learned more in a few months via CXL than what I learned in 8, 9 months on my own.
I was able to immediately apply concepts such as segmentation and presentation of experiment results to my clients’ conversion programs. Ton shared great testing tools for better pre and post test calculations and analysis. I highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to up their A/B testing game!
The A/B testing mastery course was phenomenal! One of the more challenging courses due to Ton’s in-depth teaching on testing math, pre-test planning, testing errors, and quality assurance. It really pushed me – and I loved it.
Here’s why most of your tests are flat (or losing)
With today’s tools, anyone can run A/B tests – but it’s not the tool that determines the outcome of the test. The most powerful tool is still your brain.
The outcomes of your experiments are mostly determined by what you test and the right treatments. Most people who run tests, but are not getting uplifts, are just doing it wrong. They’re either doing spaghetti testing (“maybe this will work!”), building tests based on gut feelings, or are just tinkering with the small stuff (button colors or font sizes) instead of solving problems.
This course is designed to teach you optimal testing strategies, so you can start winning
The “secret sauce” to getting more wins – and bigger wins – is about the process for identifying the biggest opportunities, and coming up with optimal solutions. It’s also about statistics: knowing when you have a false negative on your hands, and when to stop the tests to begin with.
Sometimes it’s the post-test analysis that will give you the insights you need to turn a failing test into a win. You need to know what to look for when you crunch the data.
This course is right for you if…
- You’re responsible (even partially) for the conversion rate of your digital channels.
- You’re part of a team that runs – or should be running – online experiments.
- Your company or client has at least 1,000 conversions coming in per month.
This course is probably not for you if…
- An advanced statistics guru that knows everything about frequentist and Bayesian statistics, including the fact that false negatives are a way bigger problem than false positives.
- Part of an organization with the highest testing maturity level: Evidence-based optimization is in the DNA of how the company operates.
- Working at a company (or for clients) with fewer than 1,000 conversions coming in per month (the first four lessons are still valuable, but the last four won’t apply to your situation).
Skills you should have before taking this course
- Basic digital analytics know-how
- Basic user research knowledge
- Some experience with running online experiments (or you’re going to join a team soon that is doing this)
Ton is one of the most respected practitioners in the conversion optimization space. He’s a sought-after digital optimization expert (over 20 years of experience), and recognized worldwide as an influential thinker, writer, and public speaker on conversion optimization and A/B testing.
He founded Online Dialogue – one of the global thought leaders in evidence-based growth. With his team, he helps and trains companies throughout the world to be effective at data-informed growth.