Become great at building an innovative product
By Chad Sanderson,
Head of Product, Data Platform @ Convoy
Course length: 2h 24min
Some of the companies that train their teams at CXL:
The top tier tech companies have something in common: They are innovating more rapidly than most of their legacy competitors combined. That rapid iteration and innovation is the by product of great CRO. This mini course will teach you how to leverage CRO like Amazon and other tech companies do in order to gain a tremendous lead on their competitors.
Introduction video (2 minutes)
Skills you will master
CXL has helped me tremendously in my journey to become the best digital marketer I can be.
It has opened my eyes to the capabilities of tools like GTM and Google Sheets. You guys have humbled me by teaching me that there’s so much more to learn!
CXL is just the best place to grow for a marketer. I learned more in a few months via CXL than what I learned in 8, 9 months on my own.
Chad Sanderson is a Digital Optimization, Testing, and Personalization specialist focused on the strategy, design, implementation, and analysis of winning experiments.
Chad is a passionate believer in the power of data, combining deep actionable insights with UX and Content strategy to create better websites and mobile apps.
Your course curriculum
Building an innovative product
In this lesson, we will take a look at how some companies fail to innovate while others succeed.
- Understand the central pillars of innovation behind Amazon’s success
- Learn the difference between startup culture and Small businesses
- Understand the risks of failing to innovate
Choosing the "right idea" is a primary challenge that faces innovation. This lesson will illustrate how to use an innovation flywheel to help learners how to prioritize.
- Build an innovation flywheel
- Understand the steps to feature prioritization
- Learn how to conduct customer RCA
Let's go build something!
- Learn how to create PR/FAQs
- Learn to create a project proposal
- Evaluate the costs and risks from a technical POV
Innovation comes from your employees, but how can you channel their creativity into meaningful change?
- Understand Incentivization Structures for Innovation
- Define Northstar Metrics
- Define OKRs
- Learn how to launch a Moonshot
In the final lesson, we will go over an entire run-down of an innovation case study to give perspective to your future projects.
- Define the four types of ‘Innovation’
- Categorize real-world examples of innovation
- Understand the risks of failing to innovate
- Assign your business an innovation ranking
Show off your hard-earned skills and strengthen your profile.
LinkedIn found that people who add credentials to their profile receive 6x more profile views than those who don’t.
Add your certificates to your profile, share your accomplishments with the world, and join our alumni network.
Learn marketing on the job.
Get better results with networking.
Our Community gives you peer support for every marketing task you face. 90% of marketing tasks are not unique. Someone has already figured it out. Achieve more with less hassle.
- Access our library of thousands of marketing playbooks, each showing you how to do a specific marketing task in 10 steps or less, with real-time peer support.
- Join our community of marketing experts, ready to support you in getting that promotion or master new strategies, skills, and channels.
- Network with some of the world’s best marketers and companies and get noticed, hired, or endorsed.
Subscribe to CXL and get access
- 100+ courses (full list here) on all aspects of data-driven marketing (new courses added every month)
- 10 minidegrees that give you advanced level skills
- Community with 2000+ playbooks and peer-support
Got a team, multiple users? Get our Teams All-Access plan instead.
The CXL guarantee
- 7-day no questions asked money back period
- You can immediately apply learnings and improve your results.
Need help convincing your boss?
Subscribe to CXL
Get access to this and 90+ other training programs.
Learn how to build an innovative product: FAQ
What will you learn in this course?
After taking this course, you will understand how to leverage CRO as other giants do, learn the difference between startup culture and small businesses, build an innovation flywheel, understand prioritization, conduct customer RCA, create PR/FAQs and project proposals, evaluate costs and risk, and define north star metrics and OKRs.
What does the course include?
Our Innovative Product training includes 6 lessons, 0 downloadable resources, 2h 32min of video material, several assignments, and a final exam.
Are subtitles available for the lessons?
Lessons have English subtitles and transcriptions available.
Will I receive a certificate of completion?
After taking this course, you will receive the Innovative Product Certification from CXL, with credentials that you can add to your LinkedIn profile.
What is the refund policy?
All plans come with a 7-day refund period .
How long will it take for me to finish it?
This is entirely up to you – it’s how many study hours per week you can put in. This course is 2h 32min long.