Become great at Google Tag Manager
Master fundamentals of Google Tag Manager
GTM for beginners
By Chris Mercer, Co-Founder of MeasurementMarketing.io
Course length: 7h 00min
This training program will give you
- A knowledge of how to use Google Tag Manager to deploy third-party tracking scripts.
- The power to set up tracking without having to rely on a developer.
- A system you can immediately use to make sure all of your tags (HotJar, Optimizely, Mixpanel, etc.) stay organized.
Google Tag Manager is an essential skill of any technical digital marketer or analyst
Google Tag Manager probably isn’t something that keeps you up at night, wondering where you’re falling short skillwise. But if you’re in digital marketing, maybe it should be.
Google Tag Manager is a control center for your online data
What is a tag manager, anyway?
It’s like a control center for your data. If you’re operating without a control center, you’re not getting all the value out of your data measurement and analysis.
Maybe you’ve even installed Google Tag Manager and started to play around with it, but you realized it wasn’t as intuitive as you first thought. This is common. Thing is, while some of the basics are easy to get down (setting up tags, for instance), the power of Google Tag Manager goes far beyond these things. But even with some preliminary skills, you can do some awesome things with GTM.
The content is insightful, actionable and doable.
I appreciate the range of topics and the talent and expertise of the presenters. I’ve grown more as a marketer in the last several months than I had in years before.
CXL Institute has helped me tremendously in my journey to become the best digital marketer I can be.
It has opened my eyes to the capabilities of tools like GTM and Google Sheets. You guys have humbled me by teaching me that there’s so much more to learn!
CXL is just the best place to grow for a marketer. I learned more in a few months via CXL than what I learned in 8, 9 months on my own.
Google Tag Manager opens up new worlds for you with analytics and optimization
Wouldn’t it be nice to simplify cross-domain tracking so your data is actually useful? To set up custom events and variables to track on page activity with greater granularity? To allow your marketing team to deploy tags without calling over a developer to help out?
Google Tag Manager solves so many of the most common problem marketers have with analytics.
Playing around by yourself can be valuable, but it’s so much more efficient to watch over an expert’s shoulder as they show you the ins and outs, the most important and powerful use cases, of Google Tag Manager.
“I’d go so far as to say that a [Tag Management System] is practically a prerequisite to managing analytics efficiently, and ultimately to deriving serious value from analytics at all.”Nick Iyengar in MarTechToday, 2016
Tag management is relatively new in the grand scheme of the digital marketing world. It’s only going to become more and more important to know and master in the years to come, especially if you’re in digital marketing.
Take the time and invest in yourself; your future in marketing may depend on it.
This course is right for you if…
- You’re a digital marketer who wants to increase the value you provide to the company (and get paid more).
- You’re an analyst who wants to derive more value from their data and open up your analytics insights to your organization, even those without technical skills.
- You want to accomplish things like cross-domain tracking, custom tracking, enhanced ecommerce tracking, and tag deployment – with ease.
- You’re tired of having to rely on developers to set up tracking for you.
- You want to supercharge the analytics skills you already have, and get more out of the data you’re currently working with.
This course is probably not for you if…
- You consider yourself an advanced Google Tag Manager user.
- You’re bored by this analytics and “tracking” stuff, and just want to be creative
Mercer (as he’s known) is the co-founder of MeasurementMarketing.io and has been helping marketers, marketing teams, and agencies implement and unlock the power of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager since 2013.
He has spoken at conferences around the globe, including Traffic & Conversion, Digital Elite Camp, Performance Marketing Summit, Digital Growth Unleashed, and Social Media Marketing World.