Become great at product launches
Learn the tools and methods that are necessary for a successful product or feature launch.
Course length: 2h 18min
Director of Product Marketing @ Momentive
Some of the companies that train their teams at CXL:
After taking this course you’ll…
- Know how to set realistic launch goals that motivate your team and focus their efforts.
- Be able to develop a go-to-market strategy, including defining your audience, messaging, pricing strategy, and more to maximize your chances of successful product-market fit.
- Know how to enable your teams with the right training, resources and content to sell and market your new product successfully.
- Be able to manage the execution of sales and marketing activities leading up to launch day and beyond, so your launch goes off without a hitch.
- Know how to track the right metrics and report on your launch progress with confidence so you can WOW your leadership team.
This course is essential for you if…
- You are a product marketer looking to better your skills and become a product launch master.
- You are involved in launching new features or products that are expected to deliver higher deal sizes or contribute a new growth lever for the company.
- You want to increase the effectiveness of your product or feature launches.
- You have launched small features in the past but want to up-level your knowledge for larger, higher-value products.
This course is NOT for you if…
- You are not involved in launching new products.
- You don’t want to increase the impact of your launches.
- You don’t have any new products or features releasing in the next year.
Morgan leads product marketing for the global insights business at Momentive (formerly SurveyMonkey). She began her career at Nielsen, consulting for Procter & Gamble on marketing insights. After various B2C & B2B research consulting roles, she discovered a passion for building innovative research technology and bringing new solutions to market.
At Momentive, she was the first product marketer on their insights business, and has since built out the function and grown the business from a single survey panel product to a portfolio of 22 global software solutions that span market, product, and brand insights. Morgan lives in Redwood City, CA with her husband, Alex, and golden retriever, Penny.
Your course curriculum
Learn the difference between a feature vs product launch, market vs customer launch, and soft launch vs GA launch.
Learn the difference between:
- product launches vs feature launches
- market launches vs customer launches
- soft launches vs general availability (GA) launches
Learn how to align your launch goals with the overall business strategy and get executive buy-in for your launch plans.
- How to align your launch goals with the strategic goals of your company
- How to set short term goals for your launch program
- How to get executive buy-in along the way
Learn how to leverage market intelligence to make key decisions about your target audience, product name, pricing strategy, and more.
- Learn how to choose the right name for your product/feature
- Learn how to create the product messaging
- Learn how to determine a launch timeline
Learn how to manage the execution of sales and marketing activities leading up to launch day and beyond.
- Choose the right launch tier & accompanying launch tactics
- Delegate & hold your partners accountable for their part of the launch using the DACI framework
- Manage the execution of all the launch activities
Learn how to track the right metrics and report on your launch progress with confidence, so you can WOW your leadership team.
- Determine the right metrics to track
- Create a reporting cadence for leadership
- Validate product-market fit
Show off your hard-earned skills and strengthen your profile.
LinkedIn found that people who add credentials to their profile receive 6x more profile views than those who don’t.
Add your certificates to your profile, share your accomplishments with the world, and join our alumni network.
Learn marketing on the job.
Get better results with networking.
Playbook community gives you peer support for every marketing task you face. 90% of marketing tasks are not unique. Someone has already figured it out. Achieve more with less hassle.
- Access our library of thousands of marketing playbooks, each showing you how to do a specific marketing task in 10 steps or less, with real-time peer support.
- Join our community of marketing experts, ready to support you in getting that promotion or master new strategies, skills, and channels.
- Network with some of the world’s best marketers and companies and get noticed, hired, or endorsed.
Subscribe to CXL and get access
- 90+ courses (full list here) on all aspects of data-driven marketing (new courses added every month)
- 11 minidegrees that give you advanced level skills
- Playbook community with 2500+ instructions and peer-support
Got a team, multiple users? Get our Teams All-Access plan instead.
The CXL guarantee
- 7-day no questions asked money back period
- You can immediately apply learnings and improve your results.
Need help convincing your boss?
Subscribe to CXL
All plans come with a 7-day trial for $1.
Get access to this and 90+ other training programs.
This course is available in the following minidegrees: