Become great at Google Analytics
Go from zero to effective in using Google Analytics
Start using Google Analytics data to improve product, marketing, and strategy decisions – in no time.
GA for beginners
By Chris Mercer
Course length: 9h 15m
Some of the companies that train their teams at CXL Institute:
Become a savvy Google Analytics user in just hours
Without the right data – and the ability to understand it – you’re blind when you don’t have to be. Google Analytics is the world’s most popular digital analytics tool for a reason. Using it enables you to start focusing on the right stuff and allocate marketing resources wisely.
With this course you will learn to start measuring what matters, and be able to answer specific business questions using Google Analytics.
Enroll in this training program to learn
- The basics of Google Analytics. Learn to navigate the interface with confidence.
- Who your visitors are and where they’re coming from, so you can focus on getting more of them
- What actions your visitors take on the site, what the results of those actions are. This information helps you optimize your site for higher conversion rates.
- How to analyze the data, and turn that into insights to improve business.
You can start doing data-driven marketing – even if you’re just getting started
CXL Institute brings you this online training course led by world renowned analytics and tag management expert, Chris Mercer.
Throughout the course, you’ll
- Learn to navigate all of the most crucial reports Google Analytics gives you.
- Think like an analyst. How do you approach problems and find answers to business questions? This mindset is the most important part of analytics.
- Use Google Analytics to find conversion opportunities, analyze marketing campaigns, and learn more about user behavior.
- Feel more comfortable providing quantitative answers and solutions to your business questions.
I watched the entire course 5 times! I was only getting limited credit for my work, as many visitors would bounce, but return to company main site.
I have now been able to extend my conversion tracking to the company site as well as cross-domain tracking and events. I also have sent out a new client proposal for GA set up. Before I had only ever done Adwords and Landers.
This course is right for you if…
- You feel overwhelmed looking at analytics reports
- You know you should learn more about data analytics, but haven’t explored the topic much
- You’re a marketer whose job could benefit from an increased ability to analyze data
- You have zero to little knowledge on the inner workings of Google Analytics and you’re tired of missing out
This course is probably not for you if…
- You’re an experienced analyst
- You’ve taken any other CXL Institute Google Analytics courses
- You feel comfortable answering business questions with GA data
What skills do I need?
How long should I have been working in analytics?
- If you’re currently a professional analyst, you might be overqualified.
- If you have a website but don’t think you’re getting accurate insights from GA, take this course.
- If you’re in any role of marketing (content, customer success, UX, social, branding), you can benefit from learning Google Analytics.
- This is beginner-level and will teach the fundamentals. You don’t necessarily need any skills coming into the class, just a willingness to learn.
What would make a student overqualified for this course?
- If your boss asks you a question about the performance of your site, are you able to jump right into Google Analytics and tell her?
- If analytics is a core part of your job role, you’re probably overqualified.
- Even if you use Google Analytics once in awhile but have never been formally trained, you might learn some fundamentals of the tool in this class.
What you’ll walk away with afterwards
- The ability to answer specific business questions using Google Analytics
- Confidence that your data is accurate and not swayed by bots, spam traffic, or other data tracking issues due to technical implementations
- Knowledge of the inner workings of Google Analytics – essentially, what dimensions, metrics, segments, filters, and reports mean
- The ability to confidently communicate analytics insights with stakeholders and clients
- How to use Google Analytics data to improve product, marketing, and strategy decisions
Why Chris Mercer?
Mercer (as he’s known) is the co-founder of Seriously Simple Marketing and has been helping marketers, marketing teams, and agencies implement and unlock the power of Google Analytics since 2013.
He has spoken at conferences around the globe, including Traffic & Conversion, Digital Elite Camp, Performance Marketing Summit and Conversion Conference.
Master the basics of Google Analytics:
Section 1 – “Getting to Know Google Analytics”
Start by discovering your way around Google Analytics, including both how to use reports and what reports to use when. After this section you’ll know where to find answers like:
- Basic demographic/psychographic information
- How your users found you
- Which pages users are viewing
- What results you’re getting from all those views
Section 2 – “Getting Started”
In this section, you’ll start to build your Google Analytics implementation from the ground up, including how to structure your accounts, properties, and views. After this section, you’ll have:
- The difference between Accounts, Properties, and Views
- The 3 core views every analyst needs
- A path to making sure your Google Analytics is able to “tell its story”
Section 3 – “Understanding Traffic”
It’s time you learned how you’re users are finding your site! In this section, you’ll cover the various skills you’ll need to properly track your traffic, including:
- How to avoid “fractured” campaign reports
- Structuring your incoming traffic tags
- Fixing traffic sources that don’t report in a useful manner
Section 4 – “Understanding Results”
With your traffic tagged, and the reports collecting data, it’s time you knew what your results are and tie those results to the proper traffic sources. By the end of this section, you’ll know:
- The three milestones every user faces in the customer journey
- How to set Google Analytics goals for each of those milestones
- How to track your sales
By the time you’ve wrapped up this course, you’ll know everything from how to setup Google Analytics, properly structure your traffic, tie that traffic to results, and even the basics of analyzing all those reports so you finally know the story Google Analytics has been trying to tell you all along.
Show off your new skills: Get a certificate of completion
Once you’ve completed the course, pass a test to get certified in Google Analytics. Add it to your resume, your LinkedIn profile or just get that well-earned raise you’ve been waiting for.
Get this course and 50+ others when you sign up for CXL Institute
This course (and all others – full list here) are included with the CXL Institute subscription.
At CXL Institute, you can take online courses on growth, digital marketing, optimization, analytics, persuasion – all in a single subscription.
- World’s leading practitioners teaching you their best stuff.
- 50+ online courses on all things data-driven marketing
- New courses added every single month
Sign up for CXL Institute and get access to
- 50+ courses (full list here) on all aspects of data-driven marketing (new courses added every month)
- 4 Minidegrees that give you advanced level skills
- Talk recordings by world class practitioners at CXL Live and Elite Camp
Got a team, multiple users? Get our Teams All-Access plan instead.
The CXL Institute guarantee:
- 7-day no questions asked money back period
- You can immediately apply learnings and improve your results.
Need help convincing your boss?