Become great at using advanced AI in marketing
Revolutionize your marketing with AI
Become a better consumer of AI, both internally and with vendors, to drive more revenue
By Guy Yalif, Cofounder and CEO of Intellimize
Course length: 1h 42m
Introduction video (2 min)
At the end of this course you will:
- Clearly explain which AI approach is right for your business given what you are trying to achieve
- Ask insightful, direct questions of your internal and/or vendor AI teams to deliver more revenue, more customers, and/or more leads to sales using AI
- Develop a plan knowing where and how to apply AI in your marketing funnel, especially on your website, to deliver the results your’e accountable for delivering
- Know how to orchestrate multiple AI applications to increase conversion rates on your website
When you get back to the office on Monday morning, you will begin getting more out of your AI investments, ask better questions of your internal and/or vendor AI teams, and deliver more for your business
The content is insightful, actionable and doable.
I appreciate the range of topics and the talent and expertise of the presenters. I’ve grown more as a marketer in the last several months than I had in years before.
CXL Institute has helped me tremendously in my journey to become the best digital marketer I can be.
It has opened my eyes to the capabilities of tools like GTM and Google Sheets. You guys have humbled me by teaching me that there’s so much more to learn!
CXL is just the best place to grow for a marketer. I learned more in a few months via CXL than what I learned in 8, 9 months on my own.
This course is right for you if …
- You’re accountable for driving more leads to sales, more revenue, and/or more customers
- You want to advance your career by learning to cut through the AI hype that we all hear so often
- You want to go to your boss with new ideas on how to drive your business
This course is NOT for you if you…
- You want to dive in to writing code and/or the deep math involved in AI
- You want to go deep on algorithms (the initial course in the series goes deeper there)
Guy Yalif (@gyalif) has been putting AI into the hands of marketers for the past several years as Co-founder and CEO of Intellimize.
Prior to Intellimize, he held a number of senior marketing positions at major media and technology companies, including Vice President of Global Marketing at BrightRoll and Head of Global Product and Vertical Marketing at Twitter, as well as leadership roles at Yahoo, Microsoft, Boston Consulting Group, and Tradeweave.
Your full course curriculum
Advanced AI for marketers
Different kinds of AI
In this first lesson, we will recap the different types of AI that are relevant to us as growth professionals. By the end of this lesson, you will be able to identify the different branches of the AI tree and be able to ask better questions of your in house or vendor machine learning team so that you can better assess their capabilities and get more out of your investment.
- Learn what artificial intelligence and machine learning mean and how they're different so that you can better cut through the hype.
- Understand the real world work of machine learning engineers and how it differs from what you read in articles
- Better assess the tradeoffs between building AI in house and using a vendor.
In this second less we’re going to talk about the different kinds of data that are helpful to us as growth professionals and what kinds of prospect experiences this data can create. By the end of this lesson you will have a better sense of the different kinds of data to pursue to improve your conversion rate optimization efforts.
- Learn what are the typical kinds of data that are used in machine learning.
- Enable yourself to ask better questions of data vendors and/or in house data acquisition efforts to save yourself time and money.
- Envision more ideas about what you can do with the data you are gathering for your machine learning efforts, with examples from website optimization.
More Machine Learning Approaches
This lesson covers a few additional machine learning approaches that were not already covered in the first Applied AI for Marketers course. By the end of this lesson, you will have more intuition about two more types of machine learning that we have not covered before, similar to what we did in the first course.
- Understand what a decision tree and random forest are and how they work.
- Understand what a support vector machine is and the kinds of problems it can be valuable for.
Practical applications in the market today
In this lesson, we will talk through the types of AI we see in the market today. This is driven by what I see out in the market today. Some of this is a recap from the first course, and all of it is something you might see from your in-house team or a vendor today. By the end of this lesson, you will be able to discern the different approaches we have seen in the market today and better evaluate which ones are right for you and your business
- Learn what the different "winner takes all" approaches are and where the most value is applied.
- Learn what the different "personalization" approaches are in the market.
- Learn what different "product and content recommendation" approaches are in the market.
Structuring experiments to use AI
We’ve now covered the different types of AI available in the market, creating intuition about each. Let’s continue with the course and talk through some examples of how you might apply those different approaches to typical problems each of us might face in our jobs. At the end of this final lesson, you will have developed more operational, working knowledge of how to apply AI to your site so that you can better engage your in house or vendor resources on Monday back at the office.
We will also summarize the top 10 takeaways from this course
- Learn typical ways a B2B growth professional might apply AI with specific examples.
- Learn typical ways an e-commerce growth professional might apply AI with specific examples.
- Learn typical ways a financial-services growth professional might apply AI with specific examples.
Show off your new skills: Get a certificate of completion
Once the course is over, pass a test to earn a CXL certification.
Add it to your resume, your LinkedIn profile or just get that well-earned raise you’ve been waiting for.
Get this course and 50+ others when you sign up for CXL Institute
This course (and all others – full list here) are included with the CXL Institute subscription.
At CXL Institute, you can take online courses on growth, digital marketing, optimization, analytics, persuasion – all in a single subscription.
- World’s leading practitioners teaching you their best stuff.
- 50+ online courses on all things data-driven marketing
- New courses added every single month
Sign up for CXL Institute and get access to
- 50+ courses (full list here) on all aspects of data-driven marketing (new courses added every month)
- 4 Minidegrees that give you advanced level skills
Got a team, multiple users? Get our Teams All-Access plan instead.
The CXL Institute guarantee:
- 7-day no questions asked money back period
- You can immediately apply learnings and improve your results.
Get a subscription
All plans come with a 7-day trial for $1.
Some of the companies that train their teams at CXL Institute: