Become great at email marketing
Start getting 20x returns from email marketing
Learn how to build lists fast, what to send that works, and how to make your email marketing data-driven.
Email marketing: basics to best-in-class
By Jessica Best, Vice President Data-Driven Marketing @ Barkley
Course length: 4h 00min
Some of the companies that train their teams at CXL Institute:
What if each email you sent earned you a 2000% return on investment?
Email marketing (yes, STILL) rocks the highest return on investment of any medium, garnering on average $28 for every $1 you invest.
That is, if you do it right. This course will teach you how.
Get a lesson preview
In just 4 sessions, you’ll be able to…
- Optimize your email list growth to grow your revenue from email.
- Improve your email content to grow your return on email investment.
- Turn your email program into data-driven marketing machine that drives results.
- Avoid errors that email marketers often (still) make.
This course will help you grow your email marketing program to the next level
Do you know how much revenue you make per email subscriber? From driving engagement to fine tuning your list and timing, Jessica Best, self-proclaimed email marketing dweeb, will help you get your current strategy in the best shape it can be
- discover how to grow a large subscriber base fast,
- get the latest info in content and creative that works,
- learn how to make your email marketing totally data-driven.
So you can finally start earning that $20-to-$1 return on investment.
I feel so much more confident in analysis and optimization after taking CXL’s courses.
I learn practical techniques that are applicable to any business from the best in class.
CXL Institute showed me how to go from no optimization program to a fully matured program, and how to handle all the nuances that pop up along the way.
If you want to take the next step from dabbling to becoming a real CRO practitioner, the CXL material (plus a lot of practice) will get you there.
Learn processes for getting consistent results from leaders in the field.
This course is right for you if…
- Create the strategy, content, or send schedule for your company’s email marketing campaigns
- Haven’t had any formal training in email marketing but still lead the charge for your company
- Have been doing email marketing for years but suspect you aren’t getting a $20+ return on investment
- Haven’t dipped much into email marketing
This course is probably not for you if…
- You’re already doing 10-point email journeys based on data from multiple sources/databases
- You want to scrape email addresses off the internet and send them every email you possibly can
Skills you should have before taking this course
- Basic marketing knowledge — academic or experience — isn’t required but will help, since we’ll apply many known principles of marketing to email marketing specifically
- This course will offer a “running start” for those new to the field, but each class will contain something that even a practitioner of email marketing can learn from!
Jessica is a self-admitted numbers nerd. She’s worked to lift ROI in customer- and data-driven marketing for a broad range of brands like Dairy Queen, Spirit Airlines, Winnebago, Planet Fitness, Beauty Brands, Hostess, Water.org, Farmland Foods, Hallmark Baby, At Home, Banfield Pet Hospitals, SelectQuote, and Boulevard Brewing Company, and more.
Jessica also spreads the good word of great email marketing from the stage. She’s lead trainings and spoken in front of audiences from dozens to over 1200 from Las Vegas to Barcelona, and Vancouver to SXSW Interactive in Austin. In 2016, she joined the Barkley team as VP of Data-Driven Marketing, implementing the best practices she preaches for Barkley clients.