Understanding your users increases marketing effectiveness
UX for Marketers
By Anna Dahlström, Founder @ UX Fika
Course length: 8h 00min
Some of the companies that train their teams at CXL Institute:
It’s increasingly blurry to separate out what we do online from what we do in the physical world
Therefore, User Experience is transcending more roles and aspects of a business than ever before. Yet somehow, UX and marketing efforts still often occur in silos.
While UX benefits from being owned by a specific team, it is an area that all parts of the business benefits from learning more about and which can help marketers and CROs in their day to day roles.
In this course you’ll get a foundation of what UX is, the key tools that UX designers work with, and how they can be used by and benefit marketers. At the end of the course you’ll have worked through a high-level UX process from start to finish, covering research to testing and the key parts in between. You’ll also learn how to articulate the value of UX and how to get buy-in for UX at an organizational level.
This course is right for you if…
- You believe a deeper understanding of UX would benefit your day-to-day work.
- You want to further develop your UX skills and get practical experience with key UX deliverables and best practices.
- You want to learn how to tie user and business needs together.
- You want to develop your strategic thinking and skills.
- You want to learn how to get buy-in for UX and help break down the silos in your organization.
This course is probably not for you if…
- You already have a good understanding of UX and the types of deliverables a UXer works with.
- You regularly create and work with UX deliverables like wireframes, user journeys and customer experience maps in your day-to-day role.
- You are looking for deep-dives into some of the software UX designers use, like Sketch.
- You are looking to learn about UI and visual design.
Skills you should have before taking this course
- No particular skills are needed before taking this course.
- However, a basic understanding of digital and how websites work will be beneficial.
Anna is a Swedish UX designer, coach, speaker and the founder of Glimt.it and UX Fika. Over the last 15 years, she’s worked as an Experience Lead and freelance UX designer across a variety of brands, companies, and projects.