Acquire more lucrative traffic while recovering lost sales
Advanced organic acquisition
By Adam Melson, Senior team lead @ Seer Interactive
Course length: 10h 00min
Some of the companies that train their teams at CXL Institute:
In this 8-part training program, you will learn to
- Discover and capitalize on gaps in current search results.
Evaluate how your site factors into the customer journey so you can get in front of missing segments.
- Create valuable, traffic-driving, on-page content that isn’t stock SEO copy.
- Identify fallen referral sources and reclaim their traffic and links.
- Fix and futureproof yourself against algorithm updates/penalties.
Get twice the value out of the same SEO efforts
There are SEO tips everywhere. Blogs, conferences, books, videos. But here’s the problem: most of them are low value, not tested, and simply don’t work most of the time.
The result? As SEO professionals, we’re working too hard to get too few results.
What happens when you spend tons of time and effort building an asset, and no one uses it?
When no one responds to outreach, what then?
In this course we’ll dive into detailed approaches on building content and SEO assets that actually bring traffic and conversions.
In short, we’ll teach you to focus on high value activities that have been proven to work at scale and over the long term (not just short term wins or BS “hacks” some blogger wrote about).
Find content gaps and outrank the competition
SEO is increasingly competitive. Despite the constant hyperbolic calls of SEO’s demise, it’s abundantly clear you can build a business off of organic acquisition and that many businesses continue to prioritize organic acquisition efforts.
Organic traffic acquisition can also touch all stages of the customer journey and buying cycle. Top-of-the-funnel efforts can widen your reach and you can target user stages to continuously bring more customers and business value.
All it takes is a little audience research and content gap identification.
In this course, we’ll teach you a process for uncovering these gaps and forgotten customer segments. This process will essentially teach you to steal traffic from the competition and put money back on the table.
Recover lost traffic and keep it forever
What happens when Google makes a change that suddenly takes away 90% of your organic traffic? What happens when you’re penalized?
While many people in this course haven’t experienced a drop that drastic, it happens. We’ll show you how to pinpoint traffic losses early to mitigate negative effects and plug holes before they become business problems. Nothing is more devastating than losing hard earned traffic.
In addition, this course will teach you how to analyze referrals regularly and to coordinate with internal and external teams to recapture money, traffic, and links.
This course is right for you if…
- You’re a hands-on digital marketing practitioner who wants to crush their traffic goals and bring more revenue and conversions consistently.
- You’ve hit a plateau in your traffic generation efforts. Whatever you do, it’s hard to move the needle significantly.
- You’ve tried tools and tactics that have fallen flat – even though that one guy at that conference said it made him millions.
This course is probably not for you if…
- You’re a CMO or marketing VP removed from being a day-in day-out practitioner.
- You’re looking for quick & clever link wins. No silver bullets to be found here.
- You launched your site very recently and know you need SEO. If that’s the case, look into CXL Institute’s foundational traffic acquisition course. This one will be more advanced.
Skills you should have before taking this course
- Intermediate knowledge of SEO. We’re not talking log analysis level, but if the words “canonical” or “robots.txt file” intimidate you, this is likely not the best choice at the moment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets. If words like “pivot table” and “concatenate” intimidate you, brush up on a short Excel course in preparation for this one.
- Basic Google Analytics knowledge. Here’s an introductory course from CXL Institute.
Adam Melson is in a Sr. Team Lead role at Seer, ensuring clients are getting a return on the investment they’re making and ensuring solid strategy is being implemented. He enjoys the ever changing puzzle a website creates and finding the best way to piece together the right solution.
Prior to Seer, Adam worked at a financial job for a year as well as a kiosk software startup, KioWare (love those guys) where he worked on tradeshows, PPC, sales support, product support & overall marketing.