Director, Data Insights (Remote)
Ready to Make your Mark?
The primary focus of this role is to lead and evolve an experienced consulting team who specialize in exploring data through statistical and quantitative analysis, data mining, predictive modeling, and other techniques to persuasively deliver insights that will drive valuable business action.
We are looking for a Director, Data Insights to join our growing team. Our ideal candidate must be driven, passionately curious, analytical, creative, and versatile. They will not only be able to provide the numbers, they will have a holistic view and have a recommendation for action that will add ROI or strategic value.
The Director, Data Insights reports to the VP, Analytics and is a leadership role accountable for the strategic vision, teammate growth, performance and scalability of the Data Insights Consulting Practice. This position works alongside other team members from Consulting, Program Management, and Solutions teams to deliver various solutions to our clients such as providing strategic direction, ensuring high quality deliverables, performing analysis, producing effective reports and data visualizations, and presenting insights in an effective and inspiring way (via data storytelling principles).
This is a full-time opportunity that can work remotely or from any one of our U.S. locations.
Who We Are
Founded in 1999, Blast Analytics is a strategic analytics consulting company accelerating the complex analytics journey for enterprise and mid-market clients. We solve clients’ data challenges to help optimize marketing campaigns, improve customer experience, increase competitive advantage, and, ultimately, EVOLVE their organizations.
With approximately 80+ teammates sharing a purpose to “Make Your Mark” — on our company, teammates, clients, industry, and community — Blast has been named one of Inc. magazine’s top 5000 fastest-growing private companies and is also a Great Place to Work-Certified company.
Why Work at Blast
At Blast, we believe in meaningful work. Regardless of role, you'll have the opportunity to Make Your Mark every day, solving challenges, and seeing the positive impact of your contributions, as we support leaders to EVOLVE their organizations. Join us to Make Your Mark — on each other, our clients, our company, our industry, and the community. Ask any employee why they come to work at Blast, and they'll say "to make my mark!"
- Lead, inspire, train, and act as a role model/mentor to nurture teammates and clients
- Work with our team and business executives to define goals, understand requirements, and drive meaningful insights
- Support Data Insights team members with presenting analysis and insights to clients on their assigned accounts
- Accurately scope projects, estimate timelines, and manage team resourcing to ensure successful and timely completion of deliverables
- Participate in various Leadership meetings
- Grow the team's capabilities and skill set by creating and maintaining strong teammate engagement
- Oversee the work quality of the team and ensure training is documented and deployed as needed
- Lead efforts to collaborate across consulting practices to support internal and client-facing consulting team initiatives
- Provide prompt and accurate responses to ad-hoc client requests and escalations as needed
- Provide training to clients on best practices and how to gain the most value from their data
- Build documentation to record techniques and make reproducible analysis
Desired Knowledge, Skills, & Qualifications
- 8+ years’ of agency or consulting services, preferably in the digital marketing/analytics industry
- Previous leadership experience
- Previous experience working directly with clients (internal or external stakeholders)
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data to generate insights and communicate in a persuasive narrative to clients/stakeholders and executive audiences (data storytelling)
- Strong analytical skills, intellectual curiosity, and business acumen to achieve desired outcomes
- Experience with one or more data visualization tools: Tableau, Looker, Power BI
- Understanding of custom ETL/ELT methodologies to extract (typically from APIs), transform, and load data
- Demonstrated skills leading a practice of teammates with varied skill level (intermediate to senior) and providing mentorship to grow talent
- Ability to create a strategic view of practice area and contribute to company growth and innovation
- Excellent interpersonal and time management
- Enjoys collaborating with other team members and clients
- Data savvy, from understanding data source systems, how to interrogate data and be skeptical of data
- Ability to act with client orientation by being attentive and responsive to client concerns
- Experience creating and participating in thought leadership efforts (blog posts, industry events, speaking)
- Curiosity to learn, driven to win, humble to help
You Will Work With
VP Analytics, Other Consulting Leadership team members, Solutions Team, Consulting Team, Program Management team and other subject matter experts
- Problem Solving
To be successful in this position, you must have a strong attention to detail, be able to work in a demanding and fast-paced environment, focus on essential tasks, prioritize multiple tasks, and be willing to learn. It is vital that you are passionate about analytics and digital marketing. The characteristics that lead to success at Blast are:
- Demonstrate a positive attitude
- Work as a team – Leave no teammate behind
- Be solution oriented – Never say “try” or “can’t”
- Demonstrate excellence by going above and beyond for the benefit of teammates and the company
- View mistakes as an opportunity to learn rather than as a negative situation
- Value diversity in gender, knowledge, culture, and experience
- Be a creative innovator
- Think green – Positively affect the environment
Are You a Fit?
Blast Analytics is a small yet rapidly growing company that is continuously inspired to learn and tackle challenges in digital analytics and marketing. To get an idea of whether or not you would be a fit within our culture, please review our core values.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary based on experience and a supportive, challenging, and fun work environment to ensure teamwork, productivity, and teammate happiness. We offer flexible time off with an open PTO policy, 50% paid medical insurance coverage options, 100% paid dental and vision insurance, 401k 4% company matching profit sharing, annual increases, and year-end incentive bonuses.
How to Apply
If you like what you’ve read thus far, please complete the application form and submit your cover letter and resume in one PDF format. We read cover letters and weigh them heavily in our decision to consider an applicant. We are not interested in placement agencies or companies at this time.
Blast Analytics is an “at-will” employer. Compensation, benefits, and job descriptions are subject to change based on individual performance and business conditions.
Blast Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Found a bug or have a suggestion? Let us know