Senior Experimentation Strategist (Remote)
We are a team of CX optimization experts.
Speero was founded back in 2011 as CXL by Peep Laja - the #1 most influential conversion rate optimization expert in the world.
We are a close knit team of experimentation experts, project managers, analysts, developers and designers, on a mission to elevate our team, clients and the experimentation industry as a whole.
Clients come to us to improve and scale their internal experimentation programs or help them start one from scratch. You’ll be a subject matter expert, advising clients on how to improve their internal processes and practices as well as running their testing program.
This is a highly varied role where you’ll work on everything from conducting research and analyzing data, prioritising hypotheses, developing test ideas and consulting with clients on the learnings and results you achieved. Being able to consult with clients generally about their business, the specifics of their industry or vertical, and seeing the big picture is highly desirable.
Your role is to be the subject matter expert when it comes to experimentation. From deciding on which research methods to use to better understand user pain points to formulating the testing strategy. You’ll need to use business acumen, an understanding of user psychology, UX practices, and creative thinking to come up with test solutions that solve the user problems you find.
You might be advising your clients on how to structure their team to create a centre of excellence, or putting together a plan for them to increase their experimentation program maturity across methodology, data, people and strategy. You will work alongside project managers, analysts, developers and designers to get results.
A key part of your role is communicating with, and educating clients. Presenting and explaining results through storytelling, visualisations, examples, facts and data. And, when needed, professionally and diplomatically pushing, remaining the expert in the client-agency relationship.
The second crucial part of your role is getting results. You need to gain an understanding of the clients strategic objectives, goals, broader business context and external environment, to create strategies, plans and test ideas that achieve their goals. You are responsible for setting out the KPIs and objectives for the program of work and ensuring you and your team hit them.
Job description & responsibilities:
- Translate wider business goals into experimentation strategy and roadmap;
- Conduct experimentation program maturity audits to assess clients’ strengths and weaknesses;
- Lead strategy for a range of qualitative and quantitative research;
- Analyze and triangulate data to form hypotheses;
- Run ideation sessions to develop test treatments;
- Report and present results and findings from research and tests;
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve internal/client processes;
- Responsible for client satisfaction;
- Oversee and lead experimentation program and team working on your accounts;
- Help impart knowledge to client teams and implement processes and frameworks to help them improve their experimentation program;
- Work closely with junior strategists to help mentor and upskill them as well as helping to onboard new team members;
- Present at company-wide knowledge sharing sessions and help write blog posts, or give talks at industry conferences.
Desired skills & experience:
- Experienced in running experimentation/CRO programs or building experimentation functions.
- Previous agency/consultancy experience or a client-facing role.
- A great team player who can motivate and bring together a cross functional team.
- Understanding of statistics related to AB testing.
- Understanding of research methodologies, user psychology, and UX/usability principles.
- Highly accountable to commitments and deadlines.
- Ability to foster an open culture where others feel safe to raise constructive criticism or issues.
- Proactive and always pushing to improve.
- Analytical problem solver with the ability to dig into data and draw insights.
- A natural at building relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Confident communicator with the ability to influence and educate others.
- Experience using Google Analytics and/or other analytics suites.
- A desire or experience in educating the wider community about experimentation. e.g blog posts, podcasts, etc.
- Excellent English skills.
Note: if you don't have extensive experience in conversion optimization/testing but have a background in UX design, user research, or digital analytics, you might still be a good fit. We are leaders in experimentation and can train you in everything you need to know.
Advantages of working with us:
Work on exciting stuff! The world is your playground. We have exciting clients and interesting projects. It's incredible how much you learn by seeing the kitchen side of so many companies.
Personal development. We support your growth with mentorship, necessary books and courses. You will have full access to the CXL Institute learning platform. You get to work with people that push you to become better. Our mission is to elevate experimentation, what it means for our clients but most importantly for our team, which means you.
Freedom. No one will micromanage you. We don't have fixed hours; we have deadlines. Every week we set goals and report what we did. You have the freedom to take on and lead new projects within the company as long as they support our overall goals.
Speero standard benefits include:
- Competitive compensation
- Manage your own time and approach to work
- Have a say in what is being developed and how
- As much autonomy as you are able to handle
- 28 days paid sick leave
- 28 days paid vacation (+ country national holidays)
- Great start-up vibe and team spirit
- Health insurance reimbursement
- Gym/Wellness stipend
- Home office stipend
- Flexible working hours
Speero is an experimentation agency.
We focus on elevating experimentation as a method to increase revenue, delight customers and users, and improve business decision making generally. We raise the value, performance and awareness of the work done by experimentation teams. We do this by improving experimentation processes, measurement, and education. As a result, experimentation departments' influence grows among other business units, the c-suite and the wider industry. Speero has offices in London UK, Tallinn Estonia and Austin, Texas USA.
Found a bug or have a suggestion? Let us know