This is a great role for someone looking to get a boost in their career. CXL is a place where many great careers get accelerated. We're known for bringing in talent looking for a great growth opportuntity, giving them lots of guidance and mentorship, and lots of room freedom to experiment.
We are looking for a driven product marketer who will be reporting direct to Head of Growth, but also working very closely with the Customer Success and Product teams.
CXL is an e-learning business: the number one destination for digital marketing training.
We publish ~2-4 new training courses per month. We have a large email list, and most of our sales come from our list. We need to take our email marketing to an even better level and grow the list faster than ever before. Our tech stack is ready for truly data-driven email marketing.
CXL delivers advanced level marketing training, using the world’s top practitioners as instructors. There is no clear leader in the 'online digital marketing education' space, and we're going for that spot.
We’re a small business on paper (7-figures revenue, 40% growth YoY), but with a big impact. We punch above our weight, and have ambitious growth goals.
In just 5 short years CXL has built a reputation as the destination for data-driven marketing training. In addition, we run 2 world class conferences each year (well, we did before 2020 anyway).
We’re self-funded, profitable, and have been growing every single year around 40-45%. We’re proud of that, but we want to grow faster.
We deliver known quality, and have a strong brand - among those who know us. There are a lot of fans out there.
- Accelerating growth, building repeatable acquisition models
- Standing out in the mature and competitive category of e-learning\
- Doing product launches right and creating buzz/anticipation in the market for our upcoming courses
- Customer retention (industry-wide challenge in online learning)
ABOUT THE POSITION
What you will do:
As the Product Marketer, you will work across our marketing, product and customer success teams to present our products in ways that will strengthen our brand and boost sales. You will be able to make an immediate impact on our organization, playing a critical role.
You will own product launches, email marketing and customer marketing.
You will be focused on helping our product team go-to-market with new training products to drive customer adoption. You will work directly with our customers, documenting their needs and using your insight to help us speak clearer to our audience.
- Be responsible for telling the story & showing the power of CXL to the market. This includes positioning & messaging, product launches, product education & training content, sales enablement, and competitive intel.
- Become a champion for our customers. Understanding their needs, why they chose CXL and how they use it.
- Manage our community. We have a community of 1,500+ members. You’d be in charge of community engagement and growth.
- Own the creation and sending of the weekly newsletter
- Dramatically increase the number of new daily/monthly subscribers (key metric for this role)
- Develop new lead magnets and other assets to entice more subscribers
- Design the strategy for lifecycle email (leads, trial users, customers, etc), create drip campaigns and triggered emails
- Ensure marketing messages are conveyed clearly and delivered properly to prospects
- Email copywriting for our sales emails (1-2x week). Split testing promo email
- You have 2+ years of experience working in a marketing role
- You preferably have worked in SaaS or edutech before
- You’re a great communicator, especially in writing
- You're very organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You are a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
Found a bug or have a suggestion? Let us know