CXL Job Board
Apply to roles in Analytics, CRO and Marketing
Displaying 1 - 1 of 1
We are looking for a brilliant, curious and data-driven Marketing Manager with a media-buying background to join our swiftly-growing music and film marketing company,
The company is based in the UK, running campaigns globally.
The role will be remote (UK or European timezones preferred).
We are looking for candidates with a proven record of running high-spend, high ROAS campaigns.
*This is a fully remote role with an emphasis on Performance Marketing*
We are growing fast and looking for amazing people to join our team and contribute to our growth!
Working with us is a chance to help bring some of the world's most cutting-edge music and visual experiences to life, in an unconventional company where we respect skill, determination, creativity and kindness above all.
We use analytics and constant experimentation to make data-driven choices. A role with us is a chance to work at the very edge of marketing technology and technique, helping improve people’s lives by constantly experimenting, imagining possibilities and inventing new tools.
We are driven by:
• The desire to be the absolute best in our field.
• A passion to join art that improves people’s lives with its audiences.
• The belief that it is a moral imperative to bring great art to audiences, and to bypass traditional industry gatekeepers.
• An overarching philosophy that says data science and artistry aren’t in opposition.
• A wish to leave a legacy, and to help others leave theirs.
We are looking for an innovative leader with a strong background in high-spend digital marketing campaigns, as well as Performance Marketing, to develop our marketing team, implement our existing strategies and dream up and test new strategies and tactics. The role will be centred on planning, designing and coordinating campaigns promoting movie and music releases, live and immersive experiences, and associated merchandise. The marketing manager will be reporting directly to our CEO/CMO who will retain strategic oversight, since our marketing approach and systems are one the company’s key products.
Our work is heavily PPC based, focussing mainly (although not exclusively) on the Meta ecosystem, so in addition to having an imaginative/strategic mindset, we would prefer someone with deep experience as a media buyer themselves. Our approach is detail and data-driven, and definitely wouldn’t suit an old-fashioned hands-off Mad-men whisky-and-whiteboard marketeer. You need to be able to talk data and experimentation at a deep level with your team and the CMO, and be completely comfortable with all the tech, including running media buying yourself if need-be (as will probably be the case early as we are hiring).
The marketing team as a whole has responsibilities towards the rest of our operation. We will be looking to you to design a team to carry these out at scale, initially handling many of them yourself in order to fully understand them and tweak systems. As our operation builds in 2022 we will be looking to you to build a team to take some of these over, agreeing a plan and budget with the CMO. Those team responsibilities are listed in a separate section below.
Who this role will suit:
• You are fascinated by behaviour, and spend your days thinking about innovative ways of reaching people and stirring them into action.
• You see marketing not purely as a hard-sales tool, but as a way to control information flow, and to introduce people to things that will genuinely improve their lives.
• You are detail-oriented, yet frequently think big picture.
• You take a data-driven ‘hypothesise and test’ approach to devising campaigns and strategies to maximise LTV, ROAS and conversion rates, and can demonstrate past campaigns you’ve been involved in which demonstrated remarkable value.
• You’ve been all over the iOS 14/Facebook pixel issues, and can immediately list a range of mitigation approaches, along with data about what does and doesn’t work.
• You are good at people management and lead with encouragement not reproach.
• You are imaginative and encourage imagination in others without being threatened by it.
• You are a team player, happy to engage with the CEO/CMO on strategy and to fully get ‘all of the neurons’ in your team firing.
• You are able and happy to work flexibly, sometimes late in the evening and at weekends (as we are liaising with the US west coast and putting on shows at weekends). We endeavour to make up for peaks of activity with time off at other times - no-one works well exhausted.
Marketing Team responsibilities:
These are things the team needs to do for our business to function. The Marketing Manager will initially be directly responsible for implementing these, while planning hires to take over some or all of them as you see fit, allowing us to scale without friction.
- Creating, testing, managing and monitoring parallel geotargeted campaigns/funnels in multiple cities simultaneously.
- PPC implementation/testing, minimum 2 x daily monitoring, bidding, risk control.
- Setting up and managing (in conjunction with Customer Service and our Merchandise team) products and tickets for shows.
- Liaison with venues re how they are represented in our marketing.
- Regularly maintaining and updating the company knowledge base, so new systems and knowledge aren’t trapped in people’s heads.
- Measuring and reporting on the performance of marketing campaigns, providing near real-time insights to other teams.
- Conducting market research, sales forecasting, and strategic planning to assess and ensure the sale and profitability of products.
- Conducting price split-testing, research and analysis to maximise city-specific price/ROAS.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department ensuring clear division of labour, in order to best achieve the Marketing Team Responsibilities listed below.
- Prepares and monitors the marketing budget on a quarterly and annual basis and allocate funds.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely team performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Composes, develops, evaluates, and conducts training on marketing activities, strategies, and policies.
- Planning, design + coordinate campaigns. Primarily these will be PPC campaigns on the Meta ecosystems.
- Dreaming up and testing other possible ways of increasing engagement, awareness and ROAS - e.g. new creatives, other digital platforms, printed media, cross-media work.
- Coordinating risk management - organising checking of ROAS and bids across multiple campaigns 1-2x daily including on weekends (our daily ad spend is likely to exceed $50k in 2022).
- CEO/CMO on strategy, team structure and budget
- Sales team, feeding back sales and ROAS data and advising on booking strategy/timeline for each show in each venue
- Systems team, to develop new systems, tools and dashboards, as we dream them up
Venues, to negotiate co-marketing
- Show/product selection committees and development teams, to give marketing/demographic feedback
Our ticketing partners:
- Staying on top of trends and developments in the market; identifying new products, services and tools we might use, and making recommendations to leadership.
- Coordinating promotional activities for trade shows.
- Negotiating contracts for services needed to execute a marketing strategy.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
• Complete fluency in English, orally and written.
• Excellent diplomacy skills, for dealing with team and clients.
• Excellent organisational / project management skills and attention to detail
• Expert level proficiency in the use of social media marketing and the latest marketing technologies
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
• Ability to create, implement, and monitor budgets.
• Tech-native; proficient with multiple marketing and cloud platforms including Google Workspace, PPC management platforms, CRMs, Project Management tools etc.
Education and Experience:
• At least three years of hands-on digital marketing experience.
• Intimate knowledge of the PPC ecosystem, including the latest developments, challenges and opportunities.
• You have managed 6 or 7 figure monthly marketing spends.
• Ability to demonstrate previous high ROAS campaigns.
About the Role:
• 100% remote
• 100% flexitime
• Generous Holiday provisions
• Competitive package
• Supportive work culture, with team in 6 countries
• Free Oculus Quest 2 on signing 🙂
More about our values
• Hard work, including some late nights and weekends (since we are running shows round the world);
• World-class standards.
• Attention to detail; we are moving fast and don’t have time to be checking others’ work.
• Humour (lots of humour).
• Respect and consideration for other team-members and our audience.
• Ethics - while we push the boundaries of the tech, we always act with honesty and integrity.
• Long-term, big picture thinking.
• A collaborative outlook and attitude.
• Ownership of mistakes, and the ability to turn them in to learning opportunities. We don’t do guilt.
• Open, honest communication.
Found a bug or have a suggestion? Let us know