Become great at product messaging and sales page copywriting
Stop letting amateur copy wipe out your conversions.
By Momoko Price,
Partner @ Kantan Designs
Course length: 5h 16min
Some of the companies that train their teams at CXL:
Are you frustrated (or even embarrassed) by your website’s clunky, confusing sales copy?
You’re not alone.
As a marketer, you know that having a strong value proposition & relevant messaging is critical for maximizing conversions.
But knowing this doesn’t make writing them any easier.
Pinpointing what’s uniquely valuable about your product? That’s hard enough. Figuring out how to convey this value in words that convert … That can seem damn-near impossible.
Get a lesson preview
But crafting high-converting value propositions and perfecting your sales page copy doesn’t have to be a painful, frustrating ordeal
You don’t need to start writing by staring haplessly at a blank page.
What you do need is a step-by-step framework for turning those dry product specs into stellar, sticky sales copy. You need a repeatable, research-driven framework you & your team can come back to again and again.
… Which is precisely why we created this course.
After taking this course, you’ll:
- Know how to systematically “tear down” & rebuild the copy of virtually any sales page
- Nail your messaging through rigorous voice-of-customer research
- Ditch the clichés and infuse your copy with authenticity & passion
Weave your messages together into a story that sells
- Choose messages that trigger your customers’ real-life motivations
- Craft value propositions that capture visitors’ attention & pull them in
See how elite copywriters go from asking questions … to analyzing research … to creating messaging flows … to crafting the final copy.
PLUS: Get a complete kit of conversion-copywriting worksheets, templates & checklists along with the course, so you can immediately transfer & apply everything you’ve learned into your own business.
I loved how practical it was. I used my clients to tests the methods from the course.
The most complete copywriting course I’ve attended so far. Aside being a difficult methodology to implement thoroughly (quite taxing on time and nerves), certainly the most air-tight approach to squeezing every last drop of copy’s power to convert.
This course is packed with gold! Momoko is an awesome teacher – I took the course late so only got access to recordings, and even with that, I am able to use every bit of it in my deliverable.
Learn how to fix your value propositions, product messaging & sales page copy … in just 9 sessions
Got a sales page or website that needs a serious messaging makeover?
Bring it to class and apply what you learn immediately as conversion copywriting maven Momoko Price reveals the exact process she uses to optimize messaging & page copy for enterprises, agencies & startups like Intuit, MetaLab, and Respondly (recently acquired by Buffer).
This course is right for you if…
- You’re in charge of marketing, drive traffic to key landing pages (including your homepage), and feel like you just can’t get the needle moving
- You’re tired of taking an ineffective “spaghetti” approach to your messaging (a.k.a. throwing random ideas around & seeing what sticks)
- You suspect (or know) that your sales page copy … well, sucks (hallmarks of sucky sales page copy: persistently low conversion rate, +60% bounce rate, visitors fail to scroll, few CTA clicks)
- Your team desperately needs a clear, structured, documented process for sales-page copywriting it can go back to again & again
Momoko Price is an experienced conversion copywriter who kept sketching user flows & wireframes as part of her “writing” work.
She brings a powerful one-two punch to every client project.
While she mostly helps startups find their key messaging, she’s worked with giants the likes of Intuit, Scotiabank, AT&T, and Base CRM.
Watch the overview
Your full course curriculum
- Conduct a conversion-focused copy teardown of your own sales page
- Quantify the persuasive power of your existing copy
- Identify & prioritize — in just a few minutes — what you should change to improve your sales page copy
- Find high concentrations of prospect-generated messages about your product online.
- Identify promising, powerful instances of these messages to “swipe” and use as future sales copy.
- Extract the foundation of your sales narrative and page copy through various voice-of-customer research methods (surveys, interviews, user tests)
- Design high-response-rate, messaging-focused surveys to extract messages from your site visitors and customers
- Understand critical dos & don’ts of conducting messaging-focused voice-of-customer interviews
- Sharpen our understanding of what unique value propositions really are and why they’re critical to any sales narrative — online and offline.
- Recognize the way value propositions fundamentally change with product type and audience awareness.
- Devise strong value propositions for virtually any product — even niche/new products — using a logical, repeatable framework.
- Understand how the fundamentals of story can greatly improve your sale page’s persuasive impact.
- Construct a killer value proposition for your product with some strategically collected voice-of-customer data.
- Use Google Spreadsheets to instantly transform dry survey response data into a complete messaging hierarchy for any sales page.
- Create a customer-informed, data-driven ﬁrst draft of your sales page, without having to battle the blank page … or even write much on your own!
- Shape raw, rambly customer-generated comments into surprisingly compelling headlines, subheadlines and body copy.
- Make your sales copy (whether data-driven or not) SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER by following a few simple, conversion-focused editing principles.
- Make your sales page copy as easy to scan & read as possible in a digital context.
- Leverage key design principles to control the order, pacing, and emphasis of your copy in your readers’ heads.
- Create actual-size, clickable prototypes of your page copy that you can share with your clients / team.
Show off your hard-earned skills and strengthen your profile
LinkedIn found that people who add credentials to their profile receive 6x more profile views than those who don’t.
Add your certificates to your profile, share your accomplishments with the world, and join our alumni network.
Get this course and 90+ others when you sign up for CXL
This course (and all others – full list here) are included with the CXL subscription.
At CXL, you can take online courses on growth, digital marketing, optimization, analytics, persuasion – all in a single subscription.
- World’s leading practitioners teaching you their best stuff.
- 90+ online courses on all things data-driven marketing
- New courses added every single month
Sign up for CXL and get access
- 50+ courses (full list here) on all aspects of data-driven marketing (new courses added every month)
- 4 Minidegrees that give you advanced level skills
Got a team, multiple users? Get our Teams All-Access plan instead.
The CXL guarantee
- 7-day no questions asked money back period
- You can immediately apply learnings and improve your results.