Increase conversion rates on any landing page you work on
Master a processes for analyzing your landing pages, conducting appropriate research and applying the right optimization tactics. Dramatically lower your acquisition costs and increase leads.
Landing Page Optimization
By Michael Aagaard, senior optimizer
Course length: 10h
Some of the companies that train their teams at CXL Institute:
What do you do when the landing page simply doesn’t perform?
The easy answer is “Start optimizing!” But that introduces a whole series of difficult questions: Where do I start? How do I figure out what the problem is? Should I start testing right away? Do research first? If so, what kind?
In this course, you’ll learn solid processes for analyzing your landing pages, conducting appropriate research and applying the right optimization tactics. We’ll get into user psychology, some neuroscience, copy, design, information hierarchy and not least, qualitative and qualitative conversion research.
In just 8 sessions you will
- Learn how to analyze landing pages and build an effective optimization strategy
- Get a toolbox of practical research methods and optimization tactics including GA reports and auditing processes
- Establish a deeper understanding of core principles of psychology and neuroscience
- Learn how to conduct crucial conversion research (both qualitative and quantitative)
- Improve your design and copywriting skills
Sneak preview: Lesson 1
Understanding the landing page experience
This course is right for you if…
- You get nervous when your manager or clients ask you to optimize an important campaign landing page.
- Your optimization efforts are based on more or less random ideas and gut feeling and you are not getting satisfying results.
- You’d like a more structured and strategic approach that is based on research, data and user psychology.
This course is probably not for you if…
- You want “5 quick hacks guaranteed to increase conversions on any landing page!”
- You believe that LPO is a simple process of running as many A/B tests as possible.
- You think that landing page experience isn’t that important to your business.
Skills you should have before taking this course
This course is essentially suitable for everyone, however, it is an advantage if you have:
- A general understanding of Google Analytics
- Previous experience creating/optimizing landing pages
- Basic understanding of user research
About your instructor, Michael Aagaard
Michael Aagaard has been a full-time CRO since 2008 and has helped companies all over the world improve their online businesses. He has worked with everything from SaaS to non-profit and has experience as an external consultant and as an in-house conversion optimizer.
Michael’s approach to CRO revolves around user research and consumer psychology. He is a sought-after international keynote speaker and is generally known as one of the most passionate and enthusiastic people in the industry.
Your full course curriculum
Landing page optimization
Understanding the landing page experience
Your landing page is just one piece in a much bigger puzzle. Creating an awesome and effective landing page experience is about much more than just what goes on on the page itself. In this kickoff session, we’ll dive into the complexities and multiple aspects that influence the final user experience.
Psychology and neuroscience fundamentals
Understanding how the brain works and how humans make decisions are two very important aspects of creating a good landing page experience. In this lesson, we’ll look at fundamentals principles and how you can leverage these in your optimization efforts.
Information hierarchy and wireframing
A logical and well-structured information hierarchy is the backbone of any high-converting landing page. Building wireframes early on help you visualize, structure and critique the ideas you have in your head and facilitate collaboration.
Gathering quantitative data is a very important step in LPO. This insight gives you an overview of what users are doing where things are going wrong. Moreover, it provides you with important insight on who your target audience is and how they interact with your landing page.
Where quantitative research helps you answer “where”, “what” and “who”, qualitative research helps you answer “why” questions. This is the insight that you simply cannot get from analytics - and therefore absolutely critical to the entire optimization process.
Landing Page Copywriting and Design
A crash-course in copywriting and design. We’ll cover the most important aspects of copy and design and look at how the two support each other in the conversion experience.
Putting it all together: How to audit landing pages and build an optimization strategy
This session is all about putting everything you’ve learned in the course together into a solid practical process: from audit to optimization strategy.
Interactive Q&A session
By the end of the course, we will have covered a lot of ground and done a lot of exercises. The last session gives you the opportunity to ask clarifying questions, show some of our work and fill in potential gaps.
Show off your new skills: Get a certificate of completion
Once you have completed the course, pass a test to earn a CXL certification.
Add it to your resume, your LinkedIn profile, or just get that well-earned raise.
Get this course and 50+ others when you sign up for CXL Institute
This course (and all others – full list here) are included with the CXL Institute subscription.
At CXL Institute, you can take online courses on growth, digital marketing, optimization, analytics, persuasion – all in a single subscription.
- World’s leading practitioners teaching you their best stuff.
- 50+ online courses on all things data-driven marketing
- New courses added every single month
Sign up for CXL Institute and get access to
- 50+ courses (full list here) on all aspects of data-driven marketing (new courses added every month)
- 4 Minidegrees that give you advanced level skills
- Talk recordings by world class practitioners at CXL Live and Elite Camp
Got a team, multiple users? Get our Teams All-Access plan instead.
The CXL Institute guarantee:
- 7-day no questions asked money back period
- You can immediately apply learnings and improve your results.
Need help convincing your boss?