Become great at Content Strategy & SEO for lead generation
Develop a world class content marketing program
Learn to plan, execute and measure a successful B2B content strategy.
By Andy Crestodina,
Co-founder and Chief Marketing Officer @ Orbit Media
Course length: 6h 30min
Some of the companies that train their teams at CXL:
Successful content marketing programs are built on the foundation of a solid content strategy
This course is your complete approach to building a fast-flowing highway of continuous demand. Learn each step of the process for driving B2B leads with content marketing, from first action to final outcome.
Get a lesson preview
In just 6 sessions, you’ll be able to
- Align topics and formats with the information needs of your audience
- Research keyphrases and search optimize your content
- Find and collaborate with relevant influencers
- Maximize your email list growth, open rates and click through rates
- Produce higher quality content in less time by repurposing
- Measure and optimize for better traffic (and more conversions) on the next go round
We’ll analyze the birth of a lead, deconstructing each page in the process and each stage in the funnel. You’ll learn how to strengthen each stage, from the high-ranking blog post to the thank you page after the thank you page.
Andy did an amazing job of bringing you into the conversation. He made it easy to follow and remember an insane amount of information, and the accompanying slides had great memorable visuals.
Andy was very personable and engaging. I loved seeing his real-life examples, and he’s great at explaining these topics. His slides and other resources are also top-notch. Take a bow!
The Content strategy and SEO for lead generation course (at CXL) is a masterpiece. Andy makes it so easy to learn a ton of high-quality information and strategies to be applied right away.
Very informative, helpful and fun. Especially good was the teacher.
This course was extremely comprehensive and Andy was easy to listen to. I really liked the analytics section and learned a lot of different tactics I didn’t know about before.
Why you need this course
Content. It’s why they visit and why they convert (or don’t). Content is part of every step in your funnel. From the first keyphrase to the final conversion, this masterclass connects every dot. Your content is a bridge between a Google search results page and your website’s thank you page.
With this course you will learn to figure out:
- Who are we talking to? Why do they care?
- What are the two types of keyphrases? What pages target which type?
- How do you build links, authority and ranking potential?
- What do we publish? And how will it be promoted?
- What topics, formats and collaborators support lead generation?
You need a new approach to winning traffic and conversions
Some brands buy traffic. They try to win the battle of budgets through brute force or by outsmarting the other advertisers, picking off opportunities on the edge.
The content marketer has a different approach. We win traffic. We earn conversions and grow audiences so large that eventually the advertisers start calling us, trying to buy space on our digital properties.
It’s both an art and a science. Content marketing is perfect for marketers who love to use both halves of their brains.
Who this course is for
If you like to cross channels and combine tactics, if you love both making and measuring things, this course is designed for you.
Content strategy doesn’t require big budgets, but it does take time. You will dominate your competition slowly, patiently. You will win the loyalty of your audience one keyphrase, link, and subscriber at a time.
Once complete, you’ll own a platform that consistently generates high quality leads. You will have the skills and mindset of a content strategist with a clear understanding of how to generate awareness, demand and revenue through content.
This course is right for you if…
- You have a platform for publishing (CMS and Analytics account)
- The fundamentals of brand and business are in place (the ability to turn demand into revenue)
- You have basic writing skills and you’re willing to use them
This course is probably not for you if…
If you’ve ever spoken these words, reconsider taking this course:
- “My audience doesn’t use the internet. I get plenty of leads by cold calling.”
…you don’t believe in the power of digital
- “I need leads yesterday! I can’t afford to wait for momentum to build.”
…you lack the patience required to build a content program
- “I would never give away advice! If you want my insights, you have to pay. Besides, my competitors would know my secrets if I shared them.”
…you are afraid to share information online
If you stand behind any of those convictions, please do not register for this course.
Skills you should have before taking this course
Ideally, this isn’t your first rodeo. You have been exposed to all of the basic concepts and have at least a year of digital marketing under your belt.
- Basic Google Analytics skills and access to your account
- Basic writing and publishing skills
- Some experience in some area of digital marketing (social media, SEO, PPC, blogging, etc.)
Are you a pro at this already? Aspects of this course are advanced. Seasoned content marketers with 5+ years of experience can also expect real practical value.
Andy Crestodina is a Co-Founder and Chief Marketing Officer of Orbit Media, an award-winning 38-person web design company in Chicago.
Over the past 18 years, Andy has provided digital marketing advice to 1000+ businesses. He speaks at national marketing conferences, writes for big marketing blogs and hosts a little marketing podcast.
Your full course curriculum:
Content strategy and SEO for lead generation
It’s about brains, not budget. It’s about durability, not speed. Content marketing is the opposite of advertising. We don’t buy attention, we earn it.
A content marketing master understands both cheese and mousetraps, traffic and conversion. We cross channels. We combine formats. And we build relevance and demand within the niche. The goal is eventual dominance.
From research to rankings, we’re going straight at the heart of search engine optimization. This class focuses on the specific actions that drive the rankings and targeted traffic.
In this class, Andy will teach you the how to create content that is easy for visitors to consume and easy for you to promote. Once complete, you’ll have the tools and tactics you need to drive traffic and results.
Influencer marketing, blogger relations and digital PR are all built on the same foundation: collaboration. In this class, you’ll learn to use social media to grow your reach and rankings.
You create outstanding content and promote it like a champ, but that’s not enough. If your content program isn’t efficient, it isn’t sustainable. Content marketing is an endurance sport, so we need to learn to be efficient in our efforts. We need to be resourceful and opportunistic.
Create, promote and measure. Measurement is the third aspect of every content marketing program and it is critical. If you don’t measure, you can’t optimize.
In this class, you’ll learn to measure the return on investment for your content marketing efforts.
Show off your hard-earned skills and strengthen your profile
LinkedIn found that people who add credentials to their profile receive 6x more profile views than those who don’t.
Add your certificates to your profile, share your accomplishments with the world, and join our alumni network.
Get this course and 90+ others when you subscribe to CXL
This course (and all others – full list here) are included with CXL subscription.
At CXL, you can take online courses on growth, digital marketing, optimization, analytics, persuasion – all in a single subscription.
- World’s leading practitioners teaching you their best stuff.
- 90+ online courses on all things data-driven marketing
- New courses added every single month
Subscribe to CXL and get access
- 90+ courses (full list here) on all aspects of data-driven marketing (new courses added every month)
- 9 minidegrees that give you advanced level skills
Got a team, multiple users? Get our Teams All-Access plan instead.
The CXL guarantee
- 7-day no questions asked money back period
- You can immediately apply learnings and improve your results.
Need help convincing your boss?
Subscribe to CXL
All plans come with a 7-day trial for $1.
Get access to this and 90+ other training programs.
This course is available in the following minidegrees: